Insuring A Better World Fund was created by two lifetime financial service professionals with a combined 70 years of experience in the life insurance industry. This 501(c)(3) charity was created to help bridge the gap between potential donors of life insurance policies and the charities they wish to support.
Insuring A Better World Fund transforms an unhappy client who may lapse a life insurance policy after years of premium payments into a happy client who has fulfilled their philanthropic goals and secured their legacy at no cost to them or their chosen charity. A donation of a life insurance policy to Insuring A Better World Fund improves the client’s cash flow; this allows them a charitable tax deduction and may fulfill a gift that they committed to in testamentary documents.
Although industry statistics state that 88% of all life insurance policies lapse, life insurance is still a compelling purchase for most individuals and many corporations. In fact, there is approximately $20 trillion of death benefit in force in the United States. There are a myriad of ways the life insurance industry has served their clients faithfully and in their best interest. In our teams tenured experience, we have seen direct impacts:
- Upon delivery of death benefit payments to families facing financial burdens
- For clients seeking liquidity after the passing of their loved one
- For businesses facing financial hardship following the death of an owner or key-man
- This is a brand new “no ask“ conversation that all life insurance and financial professionals should be having with their clients in the senior market. With a growing senior market, 10,000 people a day turning age 65, this opportunity is a win-win option for your senior clients.
- You can help your clients find a feel-good alternative to a life settlement without competing with the market. Many clients are uneasy with the concept of selling their life insurance policy, whether it’s to a for-profit fund, a desire to avoid the long process, or getting very little or no life settlement offer motivating the client to sell.
We are also a wonderful tool to approach the charities you support. Financial professionals know that the $20 trillion life insurance asset class is ripe for charitable use. Conversations around philanthropy are a must as the great wealth transfer is already underway. This also helps your client with the following:
- The client can donate that same policy for the benefit of their favorite charity at no cost AND receive a charitable income tax deduction upon donation to Insuring A Better World Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- In 2021, estimates of lapsed death benefit in the senior market alone ranged from $100 billion to $180 billion. Though not all of those policies have value, that still leaves tens of billions of dollars of life insurance that can be re-purposed for the benefit of charity.
Insuring A Better World Fund combines the world of financial professionals, their clients, and charities into one team for the benefit of all. The leadership in our industry has always exemplified the philanthropic ideals that life insurance professionals and our industry should promote.
Our co-founders Robert Stuchiner and David Simon both have their own personal involvement with several charities that encompass disease, religion, poverty, and education. Personal causes affecting them and their families, ranging from visual impairment & diabetes to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, are all part of what drives our shared mission to create more charitable impact through the opportunity within the life insurance industry.Donations of life insurance not only provide much needed revenue to charities, but also provide hope to the people charities are benefitting today. At the recent FORUM400 meeting of top life insurance professionals, Larry Rybka, a truly outstanding professional was recognized with the Humanitarian Award for building a school in an underdeveloped area. Mr. Rybka’s generosity inspired one of his clients to build a hospital nearby the school.
The standing ovation he received acknowledged not just his accomplishment, but who he is and the legacy he built. The educational opportunity he envisioned will serve hundreds of students, benefit thousands in their households and will positively impact millions in their community for generations. Now that creates a better world for us all.
Insuring A Better World Fund is founded on the principle that each of us has the potential to make an impact and create our own legacy. Now, the donation of a lapsing life insurance policy can be a large part of the equation for your client to realize that legacy.
Together we can ensure a better world for us all, but we need your support. To join us visit our contact page at www.iabwf.org/contact or call us at 312-819-0790.